Buying a home is a huge step in your life. Whether it’s a one-room condo, a three-flat or a suburban “mansion,” you need to protect it from fire, theft and other hazards or losses. Lakeview Insurance Agency can help you protect your “castle” and other valuables, too.
Homeowners insurance is a package policy. This means that it covers both damage to your property and your liability or legal responsibility for any injuries and property damage you or members of your family cause to other people. This includes damage caused by household pets.
Why do you need homeowners insurance?
It is really all about protecting yourself financially if something unexpected happens to your home or possessions. That’s important because chances are your home is likely one of your largest investments.
- If your home was destroyed by fire or damaged by a natural disaster, you’d need money to repair or replace it.
- If a guest in your home is injured, liability protection and medical coverage help pay expenses.
- If you are a victim of theft and vandalism, it can reimburse you for your loss or pay for repairs.
- If you are still paying for your home, your lender will require insurance.
It is important to know that homeowners insurance is meant to cover unexpected damage, not routine maintenance. Ask your agent to talk about what is covered and be sure to read your policy so you know exactly what’s included and what is not.
Things to consider and questions to ask your agent
Here are few things to discuss with your agent that will influence your decisions.
- How much will it cost to rebuild my house and replace my belongings if they are damaged or destroyed? (Ask your agent to talk you through your home’s features and the things you own so you can make an informed decision about coverage.)
- Does the insurance company have a good reputation for customer service? Is it known for paying claims fairly and promptly?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about multiple policy, security system and fire resistance discounts.)
- What’s the process for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after you file a claim.)
Secondary Property Insurance
Whether it’s a little spot in the country or a dream home on a lake, you need to insure your vacation property for fire, theft and other hazards or losses. Lakeview Insurance Agency can provide the protection you need for your “little slice of paradise.”
Sewer Back-up, Sump-pump Failure and Flood Insurance
Water problems can be caused by nature, water-main breakage and other reasons. Lakeview Insurance Agency can help you insure against sewer back-up and water-pump failure: Flood insurance also is available to provide protection against rising waters.
Peace of mind – and additional protection of your assets: that’s what umbrella insurance provides. For a minimal price, you can get multi-million-dollar coverage to help pay the cost of a catastrophic accident that may occur in your car or at home. Lakeview Insurance Agency has the information you need regarding this affordable insurance.